ROWAphos successfully combats the main cause of algae problems in freshwater and saltwater aquariums: Phosphate (PO4)
As a highly effective material concentrate it helps to reduce the excess phosphate in aquariums caused by feed input and decomposition processes to a natural level.
In order to prevent the accumulation of phosphate (PO4) in deco and substrate, we recommend using ROWAphos as soon as possible when setting up a new tank.
Dosing of ROWAphos (for phosphate 1mg/l):
100g: for 200-400 l fresh water or 100-200 l sea water
250g: for 500-1000 l fresh water or 250-500 l sea water
500g: for 1000-2000 l fresh water or 500-1000 l sea water
1000g: for 2000-4000 l fresh water or 1000-2000 l sea water
The concentration of PO4 in the aquarium influences the retention time of the filter material.
Regular controls with a precise and reliable phosphate test (e.g. Rowa) show you the extraordinary effectiveness of this product.
In addition, you can recognize in time when the filter material has to be replaced.
ROWAphos can be effective in your aquarium for up to several months depending on the phosphate concentration.
But remember that especially in tanks that have been exposed to high phosphate concentrations in the aquarium water for a long time, the multiple amount of PO4 can be bound in the decoration and in the substrate.
When ROWAphos is used, a slight red cloudiness of the aquarium water may occur in some cases due to rinsing out of the fine particles.
This is completely harmless for plants and animals in the aquarium and disappears after a short time.
Please store ROWAphos in a closed container.
- - extremely high binding capacity
- - low space requirement
- - quickly visible successes in phosphate-related \"algae plague\"
- - no pH value change
- - reduces silicate (SiO2)
- - no emission of harmful substances
- - no release of aluminium as with alumina-based products possible - no release of aluminium as with alumina-based products - no release of aluminium as with alumina-based products - no release of aluminium as with alumina-based products - no release of aluminium as with alumina-based products > no release of aluminium
- - prevents phosphate-induced impairment of calcium synthesis in calcium red algae, stony corals etc.